Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your room. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to show off your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are couple tips to fancy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a tad too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try switching out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you prefer!
- If you’re having trouble finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to regular window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.