Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when entering your Decatur home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other out dated parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Decatur, give them a call at 217-423-7722 or plan an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.