The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the variety of styles and colors we carry, you can find a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you have
the ability to switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve read a couple positives of window grilles, let’s check out the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs available, some homeowners feel that some grille styles might obstruct their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are typically more costly than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles could be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the number of choices available, we suggest stopping by our Decatur showroom, giving us a call at 217-423-7722 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.