Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Decatur, IL Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in Decatur. And with a little spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you kickoff your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s more enjoyable to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Use an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Decatur today and check out which products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.