Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Decatur and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Decatur winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Decatur experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Decatur.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Decatur a call at 217-423-7722 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.