More Than an Entry Way: The Importance of Your Front Door in Decatur, IL
We have all heard about the importance of first impressions and that you can’t make a second first impression. But what if we told you how to only need one first impression? Front doors are often seen as a key part of the home, but we usually only care about the color of our front door. Believe it or not, your front door plays a huge role in your home’s first impression and can add to the value of your home.
Here are some thoughts to keep in mind as you give your front door and front entry a fresh look:
- Use doors that have etched or stained glass
- Easy upgrades such as new hardware can make an enormous difference
- Lighting is easy to install around and above your entryway, providing great accents to your home’s unique features
- Adding simple landscaping can also be a nice new piece to your home’s front door and overall entryway
- Shutters at your front door give you the opportunity to accent your home’s siding and front door
One important part to the replacement door process is making certain that your improvements look like they have always been there. An easy way to visualize what will look good on your home is to look at other homes that are the same style as yours. Taking ideas from these homes will help you determine how you can improve your front entry. In addition, you’ll see what may not work so well, saving you valuable time and money in the end.
Whether it’s taking the step to give us a call at 217-423-7722 about a replacement front door or simply accenting what you have until you’re ready for a replacement door, it’s easy to make a couple small changes to make your home more welcoming while also increasing its curb appeal.