How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Decatur
Fall is coming quickly in Decatur, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Decatur a call at 217-423-7722 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!