2016 Home Design Trends
With the cost of renovation and redecoration, it is essential to find enduring looks that express your style in a timeless way. 2016 is the year to bring back essential top trends for your living space.
- Patterned Pops: Print objects add character solids and
minimalism design. You can take advantage of a patterned
couch as a huge
statement in a neutral room. If you want something more understated,
use a patterned curtain over wood windows to create a tasteful
accent. Fabric wall art is also becoming pretty popular,
another exciting option for pattern inspiration.
- Mismatched and Moveable: If you are feeling burnt out on
the design in your spaces, try rearranging pieces you already have from different rooms around your home.
materials are a huge trend
this year. Match your modern minimalism pieces in a room with rustic wood windows
and floors for a revitalizing renovation on a low
- Mid-Century to Millennial: Arcs are on the rise from the past. Add the mid-century
feel using interior design pieces,
like tables and chairs. Feeling brave? Install
arced wood windows to go the extra mile for the eclectic and fun trend.
- Neutral is Now: Creams, greys, blacks, alabasters and ivories are on-trend this year. Keep your home calm and collected with mild
tones of organic
colors. If you think neutral color schemes
are uninteresting, think again. Add some character
with neutral tiles, pillows or flowers. Painting a wooden window black in an all-white room is also a huge
statement this year.
- Optimize and Open: It is the year to get rid of the clutter. An open space is a must to unwind and breathe in your home. Whether you are overlooking a city or the countryside, large windows will bring in natural light, and less walls will give you an open feel to your space. Give attention to minimalism and tech-less areas; instead, filling your space with peaceful pieces.
We can turn the 2016 trends into a reality for your home, created to fit your tastes perfectly. We can help you figure out your window and door needs to complement these 2016 trends. Simply contact Pella Windows and Doors at 217-423-7722 or come to our Decatur showroom to see how we can help you integrate this year’s trends.